Southern Ocean Lodge Rates
All prices quoted in Australian dollars and inclusive of 10% GST
Rates as quoted are PER PERSON PER NIGHT and include all dining, open bar with premium wines and spirits (cellarmasters list additional), in-suite bar, signature experiences and island airport transfers#.
Per room in existing bedding
|*Additional with rollaway bed|
|Check In Time:||2.00 pm|
|Check Out Time:||10.30 am|
All suites comprise lavish king or twin sleeping area/s, sunken lounge, dramatic glass walled bathroom with bespoke fixtures and outdoor terrace with daybed. Other features include; walk-in robe, complimentary room bar, twice daily housekeeping including signature turn down, optional climate control, heated floors, music system (with MP3 input), premium amenities, safe and telephone (television in selected suites only). There is complimentary internet (WiFi) access, however, due to the remote location of the lodge the wireless connection can be slow and intermittent.
Osprey Pavilion & Remarkable Suite: Private terrace plunge spa
Airport Transfers (Kingscote, Kangaroo Island)#
The Lodge operates small group transfers connecting with all scheduled flights. Connections with charter flights require the engagement of a Luxury Private Transfer at additional cost.
Southern Ocean Lodge welcomes children 6 years and over. Child Rate applies 6-17 years inclusive.
From 1 April 2015, the minimum child age will change to 10 years and over and the Extra Person Rate applies. Application for exception may be made dependent on season, child age(s) and booking particulars.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
Full prepayment is required 2 months prior to arrival. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Direct Deposit. Payment by credit card attracts a 2.5% surcharge. Additional conditions apply to groups of five suites or more. As a small boutique property our business depends on maximising occupancy, cancellations often result in empty rooms due to booking lead times and limited air capacity.
Cancellations within 2 months of arrival 50% of total paid will be refunded. Within one month of arrival all monies will be forfeited. No Refund can be given in the event of non-arrival, any unused services or unused nights due to flight / weather disruption. We recommend that you protect yourself with travel insurance. Rates are subject to change without notice.
Peak Season Deposit Policy
All bookings over the Christmas/New Year period 20 December 2014 to 3 January 2015 inclusive and 19 December 2015 to 6 January 2016 inclusive, must be secured with a non-refundable deposit of one night’s accommodation within 14 days of reservation.
King Air B200
• Executive luxury • Twin turbine engine aircraft • Leather seats in a forward facing configuration
• Comfortably seats 2-8 passengers • Maximum of 10 passengers
• Superior cabin comfort • Twin engine aircraft • Forward facing seating configuration
• Comfortably seats 19 passengers • Maximum of 19 passengers
• Single engine aircraft • Leather seats in a forward facing configuration • Comfortably seats 2 passengers
• Maximum 3 passengers
• Armchair comfort • Twin engine aircraft • Forward facing seating configuration • Comfortably seats 2 passengers
• Maximum of 2 passengers
• Executive luxury • Single turbine engine • Leather seats in forward facing configuration
• Comfortably seats 2-8 passengers • Maximum 10 passengers
Cessna 441 Conquest
• Executive luxury • Twin engine aircraft • Leather seats in a forward facing or executive club configuration
• Comfortably seats 2-9 passengers • Maximum of 9 passengers
Valid 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2015
|Per person per night - 2 night minimum stay||Twin Share||Single|
|Ocean Premium (two bedroom)||$1,450||$2,600|
|Extra Person Rates||Adult||Child|
Holiday Season Surcharge of $400 per person per night applies to guests staying 20 December 2014 – 3 January 2015 inclusive. Applies to first two guests in each suite (does not apply to extra persons).
- Minimum 2 night stay applies to all bookings.
- Extra Person Rates apply when staying in same suite with a minimum of 2 adults.
- Southern Ocean Lodge welcomes children six years and over; child rate applies 6-17 years inclusive.
- No arrivals or departures are permitted on Christmas Day (exceptions may be granted on application).
KI CLASSIC RATES
1 April 2014 – 31 March 2015 | Stay 3 nights or more and enjoy the quintessential Kangaroo Island experience including one $50 Southern Spa treatment voucher and one $50 Bespoke Experience voucher (conditions apply).
|Per person per 3 night stay||3 Nights |
|Extra Nights |
|3 Nights |
|Ocean Premium (two bedroom)||$3,975||$1,325||$7,020||$2,340|
|Extra Person Rates per night||Adult||$600||Child||$350|
Not valid 20 December 2014 – 10 January 2015 inclusive | KI Classic Rates are not combinable with other packages.
EXCEPTIONAL PRIVATE CHARTERS
For guests seeking private activities, additional to included guided experiences, Exceptional Kangaroo Island offer a range of luxury private day expeditions – see Experiences & Adventures Fact Sheet. Maximum 14 passengers per vehicle.
|EKI PRIVATE CHARTERS|
with private guide & vehicle
|Child Rate (up to 14 yrs)|
|Valid 1 Apr 2014 - 31 Mar 2015||$1,650||$245||$209|
Private itineraries are also available with a language guide (French, German or Italian) operated by a specialist tour operator. Other languages are available at additional cost. Maximum 5 passengers per vehicle (quotes for larger groups available on request).
with Language Guide & vehicle
|Child Rate (up to 14 years)|
|Valid 1 Apr 2014 - 31 Mar 2015||$1,918||$405||$405|
We have a select number of preferred charter operators. Private charter flights are available from Adelaide and depart from or near the General Aviation Terminal to Kingscote or Snug Cove an exclusive private airfield in closer proximity to the Lodge. Flights can be arranged to/from other cities on application.
- Flying time approx 30-40 minutes.
- Flights originate from the General Aviation Terminal, located adjacent to the main Adelaide terminal and reached by a short 200 metre walk.
- Connections with charter flights require engagement of a Private Transfer to/from the Lodge at additional cost (see below).
- Charter rates subject to fuel pricing fluctuation and confirmed upon booking.
- The operator reserves the right to substitute aircraft subject to weather and availability.
|Operated by SA Air Charters Click aircraft for images + information||Charter Facts|
|AIRCRAFT rates per aircraft one way|
Max Passenger Capacity
|King Air B200
|Max Payload (pax + luggage)||240kg||240kg||1120kg||1050kg|
|Valid 1 Apr 2014 – 31 Mar 2015||Adelaide to Snug Cove or return||N/A||N/A||$4,820||$5,160|
|Adelaide to Snug Cove + Scenic Flight||N/A||N/A||$5,630||$6,690|
|Adelaide to Kingscote or return||$2,450||$2,460||$4,320||$4,660|
|Adelaide to Kingscote + Scenic Flight||$2,780||$2,750||$5,130||$6,190|
- A hosted escort service is included – guests are met at the gate by the pilot, accompanied to the luggage carousel and escorted to the charter terminal, a short 200 metre walk. For groups with a large volume of luggage, a meet and greet service can be arranged with transfer by vehicle at additional cost (see rates above).
- In-flight refreshments included plus daily newspaper.
- Optional 15 minute scenic flight taking in Kangaroo Island’s diverse landscapes.
- Allowance is made for international first and business class luggage up to maximum aircraft payload. A maximum combined passenger and baggage weight applies to Cirrus and Beechcraft Duchess aircraft. Clients exceeding this maximum payload may be required to store luggage or upgrade to a larger aircraft at client’s expense. Soft-sided medium luggage preferred for Cirrus and Beechcraft Duchess.
- An additional surcharge of $300 per sector applies for flights booked on Christmas Day, New Years Day and Easter Sunday.
|Operated by Ross Air Charter|
|AIRCRAFT rates per aircraft one way|
Max Passenger Capacity
|Cessna 441 Conquest
|Valid 1 Apr 2014 – 31 Mar 2015||Adelaide to Kingscote or return||$3,000|
|Adelaide to Kingscote + Scenic Flight or return||$3,600|
- A meet and greet service is included for guests arriving/departing the main passenger terminal at Adelaide Airport. Complimentary departure lounge available.
- Flights operate to/from Kingscote – 60 minute private transfer required.
- Optional 15 minute scenic flight over Kangaroo Island’s south-west coast.
- At maximum capacity, a 15kg limit per person applies and baggage must be soft sided. However, for bookings with seven or less pax, international baggage allowances are acceptable (standard luggage also acceptable).
Luxury private transfers are available in the lodge fleet of prestige vehicles. A luggage trailer may be utilised on any vehicle to allow maximum passenger capacity.
Rates per vehicle one way
(6 person max)
|Prestige Mini Van|
(7 person max)
|Prestige Maxi Van
11 Person max
|Valid 1 Apr 2014 – 31 Mar 2015||Kingscote Airport to Lodge or return||$400||$400||$500|
|Snug Cove to Lodge or return||$300||$300||$400|
|Penneshaw Ferry Terminal to Lodge or return||$500||$500||$750|