Southern Ocean Lodge
Nightly Rates 2014-15
Valid 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2015
|Per person per night - 2 night minimum stay||Twin Share||Single|
|Ocean Premium (two bedroom)||$1,450||$2,600|
|Extra Person Rates||Adult||Child|
Holiday Season Surcharge of $400 per person per night applies to guests staying 20 December 2014 – 3 January 2015 inclusive. Applies to first two guests in each suite (does not apply to extra persons).
- Minimum 2 night stay applies to all bookings.
- Extra Person Rates apply when staying in same suite with a minimum of 2 adults.
- Southern Ocean Lodge welcomes children six years and over; child rate applies 6-17 years inclusive.
- No arrivals or departures are permitted on Christmas Day (exceptions may be granted on application).
KI CLASSIC RATES
1 April 2014 – 31 March 2015 | Stay 3 nights or more and enjoy the quintessential Kangaroo Island experience including one $50 Southern Spa treatment voucher and one $50 Bespoke Experience voucher (conditions apply).
|Per person per 3 night stay||3 Nights |
|Extra Nights |
|3 Nights |
|Ocean Premium (two bedroom)||$3,975||$1,325||$7,020||$2,340|
|Extra Person Rates per night||Adult||$600||Child||$350|
Not valid 20 December 2014 – 10 January 2015 inclusive | KI Classic Rates are not combinable with other packages.
EXCEPTIONAL PRIVATE CHARTERS
For guests seeking private activities, additional to included guided experiences, Exceptional Kangaroo Island offer a range of luxury private day expeditions – see Experiences & Adventures Fact Sheet. Maximum 14 passengers per vehicle.
|EKI PRIVATE CHARTERS|
with private guide & vehicle
|Child Rate (up to 14 yrs)|
|Valid 1 Apr 2014 - 31 Mar 2015||$1,650||$245||$209|
Private itineraries are also available with a language guide (French, German or Italian) operated by a specialist tour operator. Other languages are available at additional cost. Maximum 5 passengers per vehicle (quotes for larger groups available on request).
with Language Guide & vehicle
|Child Rate (up to 14 years)|
|Valid 1 Apr 2014 - 31 Mar 2015||$1,918||$405||$405|
We have a select number of preferred charter operators. Private charter flights are available from Adelaide and depart from or near the General Aviation Terminal to Kingscote or Snug Cove an exclusive private airfield in closer proximity to the Lodge. Flights can be arranged to/from other cities on application.
- Flying time approx 30-40 minutes.
- Flights originate from the General Aviation Terminal, located adjacent to the main Adelaide terminal and reached by a short 200 metre walk.
- Connections with charter flights require engagement of a Private Transfer to/from the Lodge at additional cost (see below).
- Charter rates subject to fuel pricing fluctuation and confirmed upon booking.
- The operator reserves the right to substitute aircraft subject to weather and availability.
|Operated by SA Air Charters Click aircraft for images + information||Charter Facts|
|AIRCRAFT rates per aircraft one way|
Max Passenger Capacity
|King Air B200
|Max Payload (pax + luggage)||240kg||240kg||1120kg||1050kg|
|Valid 1 Apr 2014 – 31 Mar 2015||Adelaide to Snug Cove or return||N/A||N/A||$4,820||$5,160|
|Adelaide to Snug Cove + Scenic Flight||N/A||N/A||$5,630||$6,690|
|Adelaide to Kingscote or return||$2,450||$2,460||$4,320||$4,660|
|Adelaide to Kingscote + Scenic Flight||$2,780||$2,750||$5,130||$6,190|
- A hosted escort service is included – guests are met at the gate by the pilot, accompanied to the luggage carousel and escorted to the charter terminal, a short 200 metre walk. For groups with a large volume of luggage, a meet and greet service can be arranged with transfer by vehicle at additional cost (see rates above).
- In-flight refreshments included plus daily newspaper.
- Optional 15 minute scenic flight taking in Kangaroo Island’s diverse landscapes.
- Allowance is made for international first and business class luggage up to maximum aircraft payload. A maximum combined passenger and baggage weight applies to Cirrus and Beechcraft Duchess aircraft. Clients exceeding this maximum payload may be required to store luggage or upgrade to a larger aircraft at client’s expense. Soft-sided medium luggage preferred for Cirrus and Beechcraft Duchess.
- An additional surcharge of $300 per sector applies for flights booked on Christmas Day, New Years Day and Easter Sunday.
|Operated by Ross Air Charter|
|AIRCRAFT rates per aircraft one way|
Max Passenger Capacity
|Cessna 441 Conquest
|Valid 1 Apr 2014 – 31 Mar 2015||Adelaide to Kingscote or return||$3,000|
|Adelaide to Kingscote + Scenic Flight or return||$3,600|
- A meet and greet service is included for guests arriving/departing the main passenger terminal at Adelaide Airport. Complimentary departure lounge available.
- Flights operate to/from Kingscote – 60 minute private transfer required.
- Optional 15 minute scenic flight over Kangaroo Island’s south-west coast.
- At maximum capacity, a 15kg limit per person applies and baggage must be soft sided. However, for bookings with seven or less pax, international baggage allowances are acceptable (standard luggage also acceptable).
Luxury private transfers are available in the lodge fleet of prestige vehicles. A luggage trailer may be utilised on any vehicle to allow maximum passenger capacity.
Rates per vehicle one way
(6 person max)
|Prestige Mini Van|
(7 person max)
|Prestige Maxi Van
11 Person max
|Valid 1 Apr 2014 – 31 Mar 2015||Kingscote Airport to Lodge or return||$400||$400||$500|
|Snug Cove to Lodge or return||$300||$300||$400|
|Penneshaw Ferry Terminal to Lodge or return||$500||$500||$750|
Baillie Lodges Newsletter
Read the latest in luxe_essential*, Baillie Lodges’ newsletter and a roundup of news and events at Capella Lodge, Longitude 131° and Southern Ocean Lodge.Learn more ››
Capella Lodge - Lord Howe Island's celebrated boutique lodge
The first luxury lodge in the world’s last paradise Learn more ››
Australia’s answer to the Galapagos makes a giant leap forward. Read on to see what the New York Times has to say about Southern Ocean Lodge… Learn more ››
Kangaroo Island Experiences & Adventures
Guests to Southern Ocean Lodge will enjoy a complete KI experience in a minimum two night stay. Read more about our exceptional guided experiences and adventures. Learn more ››
Kangaroo Island's first luxury lodge
Southern Ocean Lodge is Australian luxury defined. Twenty-one luxe suites in which to indulge and immerse in the spectacular coastal surroundings of Kangaroo Island. Learn more ››
KI Classic Rates
Looking for a tremendous incentive to stay longer? KI Classic rates offer a discount bonus when staying three nights or more, plus $50 Southern Spa and Bespoke Experience vouchers and all standard inclusions. It’s the quintessential island stay! Learn more ››
KI Food Safari 2016
The fabulously popular KI Food Safari returns in 2016 and charts a route of culinary discovery across Kangaroo Island in search of fabulous food and wine, hand-picked straight from the source. Be guided on your journey by icons of the Australian foodie field. Reserve your place now! Learn more ››
Luxury Lodges of Australia
Southern Ocean Lodge is honoured as a ‘first 15’ founding member of Luxury Lodges of Australia, a collection of luxury lodges in extraordinary Australian destinations. Learn more ››
Remarkable Retreat | Stay 4, Pay 3
Experience the rugged beauty of Kangaroo Island and save in style. Enjoy a complimentary night when staying four, epicurean hamper of island treats and Southern Spa and Bespoke Experience credits valued at $50 each. Valid 1 May – 30 September 2016 inclusive. Learn more ››
View the Southern Ocean Lodge video detailing the Lodge, the wilderness destination in which it sits and the ways our guests can best experience it. Be there now! Learn more ››
Southern Ocean Lodge - a unique conference destination
Regroup, recharge and reinvigorate far away from the normal work environment – premium facilities and tailored adventure activities combine to deliver a spectacular venue for boutique meetings and incentives. Learn more ››
Southern Ocean Lodge Spa Retreat
Kangaroo Island is considered one of Earth’s last unspoilt refuges… the perfect place to spoil yourself! Learn more ››
Where the wild things are...
Just a short hop from Adelaide, Kangaroo Island is the perfect place to disconnect from the world and reconnect with what and who is truly important to you. Discover your true spirit on Kangaroo Island… Let yourself go. Learn more ››
Peter Hughes from the Telegraph UK writes:
“Southern Ocean was one of the earliest of Australia’s luxury wilderness lodges. The fact that it brought high style to Kangaroo Island with the rest of the continent at its disposal says much about the singularity of the place.”